"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

D stands for Design.

Well I didn't blog yesterday. I spent most of the day researching my next couple of projects. I have three things circling in my brain. I just wasn't sure which one was going to emerge first. Was thinking of another person who was designing a wonderful pattern. I had come across a picture of her first prototype, and thought how wonderful it was. In fact, I left her a comment and told her how great it was. Notice I'm not saying what the pattern was? Don't want to hurt any feelings while telling this story. Anyway, a couple of months later while thinking of a pattern I wanted to do. I remembered this gals pattern. So, I started looking for it. Of course I'm talking about Raverly, I just can't say enough good things about that site. Any way I must have looked at 200 pics, when I finally came across it. So I again dropped this gal a little "nag note" like when you gonna write that pattern up? I wish I could tell you what kind of pattern it is. But take my word for it, I have never seen anything quite like it. And hopefully this whole thing will eventually work out, I surely hope so. So thanks to my nag, she started working on her original notes, and was within a day or two of publishing her first for sale pattern. I was sooo excited for her. Well in the process of perfecting her pattern, and she is a perfectionist, she asked another gal to do a test knit for her. What a disaster that turned out to be. The next thing you know the test knitter is making suggestions, says she is having problems knitting the pattern, etc. And what is the result? I think the pattern might have gone in to the circular file. It just makes me feel so bad.
Writing patterns can be very difficult, and trying to create within this medium is both frustrating and exciting at the same time. Wondering what will happen when you try something. And if it works would you be able to explain it easily to someone else through the written medium? Explaining something face to face is far easier. Anyway I think you get my drift. I was up til the wee hours, but I think its gonna work! Its been trial and error, but that's to be expected. 

While I was doing my research yesterday. I kind of made a list of how many more designs I wanted and needed to complete my series. And then I guess after that, any more designs will come from inspiration or ideas out of the blue. The last one I had out of the blue, was when my Mother and I were in Joann's. Gosh do I love that store. Never had been into one until I moved to Idaho. And when I walked in the front door, I was in heaven. LOL..........anyway I had made a felted purse and used a magnet as the closure. Well part of the magnet showed on the front flap of the purse, so I decided to put a applique to cover it up. My Mom is an artist and works with oils, all kinds of mediums. I wanted to show her this huge collection of appliques that they had at Joann's. So as we are looking, up pops the most darling little bumble bee, I just kept looking at it thinking I need to make a bumble bee. My Mom, saw the look on my face, and my dilemma and said here, let me buy that for you. Its still in its little package. I will try to take a pic. Now isn't that the sweetest little bumble bee? I took one look and it slapped me in the face. Call it kismet, karma, what have you. You just don't  know where you will get your next inspiration. :) And one more thing, always move on your ideas, if you don't, someone else will. How many times have you heard someone say, I had the same idea........yeah.....and they didn't act on it. Its like the law of the universe, if you don't take the ball and play with it,  somebody else will.

Now where was I? Oh yeah, wanted to tell you I walked this morning. Left the house about 10:30, there was a breeze and it was just scrumptious out, very nice. Had the tunes going on my mp3 player, just in my little piece of the universe. Natural highs are absolutely the best! Saw the neighbor boy riding his bike bare footed, how many times did I stub my toes running barefoot in the summer? A little while later, I'm walking up to the ditch road, when I look over in this corn field and I see a doe. Well she spooks a little, and I could see that if I continued in the same direction I was going to herd her towards the road, which I did not want to do. So I did an about face and kept and eye on her to see what her reaction was. To my relief she headed away from the road, crossed the ditch and started up the hill, away from trains, planes, and automobiles. She was gorgeous. Also saw my first dragon fly of the year, he was a little one, but curious like all of them and followed me for awhile. I could not make out what color he was. But I was glad to see him. Well I'm anxious to keep working on my pattern. Can't wait to see how it turns out. So have fun! Manana~

No comments:

Post a Comment