"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

 Well good day on ya! I'm back. Looks like maybe one person, might have stumbled in and accidently found my blog. No matter. I think this will be more like a private journal, only that millions can read it if they so desire! Hmmmm. 


Well I didn't pick up a needle yesterday. I think I just needed to charge my batteries. I am a keen tennis fan, and I have been watching Wimbledon for the last couple of weeks. It turned out the way I wanted, but I really would have liked to see the Williams sisters take the doubles. They are so awesome, so talented. Just can't say enough about them. Won't be long and they will be retiring. Heck with the money they have earned, they could have retired a long time ago. But I feel there love of the game has kept them in the mix. Anyway............I kinda got off the subject.................but I did manage to get up about 1pm, so I'm ready for an all niter!!!


Still can't decide what I'm gonna do with that birds feet. Oh yeah was going to show you his second set of feet. Kind of hard to see, no A+ for my photography? Dam, what a bummer. Any way I don't think I like them. So I think they will be coming off again. And instead of picking up sts twice. I'm just gonna do some short rows, and hopefully acheive the same effect. And I think I prefer his feet all in the variegated yarn.  Anyway...............I will get him finito tonite. Onward and upward. I am ready to do some designing, I have a great idea for a free pattern. But if I tell you what it is, it won't be a surprise. I will give you a hint it's gonna be a great stash buster. We all love those..............:)
 
Well I think I should add this point  that I do make tons of stuffed animals. I retired a couple of years ago, and now after moving to Idaho where I absolutely know no one, except for one wonderful gal who loves to walk like I do. I have finally had the time to spend on my favorite pastime. I never dreamed how consuming it would become. Or how much pleasure I could get from it.

It all started when I asked myself, well you've worked all your life. Now you don't have a job, so "whatcha gonna do today?" In the process of getting ready to move up here from Nevada, I had gotten rid of so many things. And one of them was a pretty good sized yarn stash. I also had managed in between working and my spare time, to teach myself how to use an electronic knitting machine. I had so much fun learning how to use it, and not to boast, but I made some lovely colorful pieces. But unfortunately I am one of those people who sometimes learns how to do something, and my interest seems to wane...............and I'm off to the races to find my next passion.  My sister-in-law refers to me as a "Shooting Star." So to make this long story short......and after making an afghan for my Mother, I decided I wanted to do some knitting an crocheting for charity. I have been knitting and crocheting since childhood, I think I was about 8 years old the first time I picked up some knitting needles. So I guess its pretty obvious that my love of needlework started a long long time ago. lol


So I got the idea, to put a little ad in the local paper asking if anyone had that odd ball skein or two of partially used yarn that they knew they were never going to use. And at the same time make them feel good knowing that it would be put to good use. Well! I only received donations from ten people, and your probably thinking well she probably got a little yarn. Eight months later, I had finally got it down.
 This picture only shows half of the completed items, I decided to use this picture cos I wanted you to see my pooch, he loves to have his pic taken. In fact if you don't want him in the pic, you have to ask him to move. Otherwise he will sneak into every pic, just like he did in this one. Never even noticed him until I downloaded it. He's a wonderful pooch, getting a little long in the tooth, like the rest of us! :)
And I just have to say, that the people here in Idaho are so nice and so friendly, its just a fact. :) And it was at this time, that after making many cancer hats, and lap robes, and afghans, that I decided that I wanted to make toys for children in hospitals, and since toys came in all sizes and colors, I was able to finish up all the donated yarn.  I still have the first teddy bear pillow and small teddy that I crocheted. Nothing could make me part from them. I made them with my yarn........:) 


I have filled that chair up many times with toys, in fact its full right now! I had shipped some models back east and they were approved but the deal didn't go through, so I am expecting them to arrive here any day now. Kind of a let down, I guess its everyone's dream to be published. Oh well.......................


Well folks, I have rambled on enough for one afternoon, I hope you have had a super kadjafrajaexpalidoshish day.........................Manana..........bj

No comments:

Post a Comment