"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Monday, July 5, 2010

The Monday After...........

Greetings!
This is another new adventure for me, so after spending a couple of hours sprucing up my little domain, I figured I better make a post. I guess that's what blogging is all about right?
I think you might have figured out by now, that I'm really into knitting. I crochet also, but I just have that little something extra for knitting. I don't know if its because it doesn't seem to gobble up the yarn like crochet, or because the knitted fabric just feels better when I run my hands over it? Just one of those I really don't know why kind of things.................

I tend to be a very late night crafter,  and last nite was no exception. We live a couple of miles out of town, so I didn't hear or see any fireworks. I have been working on a project for a friend of mine who is also a member of "Ravelry". We are working on a sweet little eaglet, with the best looking beak! Who could not love that face? Working with eyelash yarn can be a bit o a pain sometimes. The designer of this pattern embroidered the eyes, and didn't seem to have a problem with the yarn covering up the eyes.  Even with using felt before I put the eyes on didn't seem to stop the yarn from trying to cover the eyes. So I've done a little trimming, and I think I could do some more. What's been really interesting is that Karen is a "flat knitter" and guess what I knit in circles! LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>> ok, ok, in the round. So we tend to do things a little bit differently. I tried reworking Edgar's feet last nite, and I'm not sure I'm happy with them.
But when the clock struck 3am, he had both his feet back on. But I think we will have another go round tonite. This picture is of the first feet. I just took a picture of his second pair of feet, and they really don't look too bad. Of course by the time I did the second foot, it seems much better than the first. So either way, some sort of adjustment needs to be made.  I will post the second pair of feet tomorrow, and you can tell me what you think.
We had a terrific sudden wind storm, just about a month ago that tore off a limb of a very old Lilac bush, and in that huge limb were two birds nests.  Without going into detail suffice to say, after almost 3 weeks of constant endeavor, there were no survivors :(......So on that happy note. I will blog off for today..................bj p.s. life does go full circle, its better to have tried and failed than to have never tried...........:)

No comments:

Post a Comment