"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Friday, July 23, 2010

TGIF already?

Gee, I can't believe its Friday already. What the heck happened to this week? Time flies when your having fun, and I admit I have been having a really good time. I have been walking every morning for a change. I had been going every other day, but the weather has been so beautiful, I just have to get out there. And today is no exception, there was a little breeze when I started off, but it kind of disappeared. Not much of note to report. Yesterday I saw a doe and her fawn, they were going in to a corn field. So I hung back a little to give them plenty of time before I walked by where they went in to the field. Don't like spooking them. Didn't see them today, they probably were out a little earlier than me, I did see several fresh tracks. Got the pow-wow next month, I'm really looking forward to going. Woo Hoo!



Well I finally finished my latest pattern, Randy Rochester Raccoon! I did alot of research and work on different methods of closing when doing intarsia in the round. And I have finally made up my mind that w&t is the way to go. Some of the other methods are a bit more fussy, and truthfully you can see the join no matter how you do it. And I think with toys you want them solid and sturdy. Besides that when you attach the body, you cover up the seam anyway! I think he's pretty cute. We do have a family of raccoons that live around here. They are a clever animal, very very smart. I think you really can make them in just about any color combination you want. I think that's one of the reasons I started making the toys. I love bright colors, purple and turquoise are some of my favorites.
The hats I mailed Monday reached there destination yesterday. She said they all fit! That's such great news. She did pick a favorite, it was a bucket style that I improvised with some eyelets. I'm glad I made notes, I want to make a couple more. One with cotton, and one with the bamboo & wool. That really is a nice yarn.The hat on the left is a "Butterfly Hat" by Sofiya Cremin. Its a free pattern from Raverly. I didn't take a picture of the one she really liked, but I will take a picture when I get the new ones ready to be mailed. I have started working on another critter pattern. I have a few things lined up that I want to do, strike while the iron is hot, so to speak. I also want to do a some revisions on a couple of my earlier patterns. Some times its hard to believe that I could enjoy my needlework as much as I do. It sounds really corny, but I do really feel that its a blessing. I am really fortunate, and that reminds me, I need to get a box and fill it with some critters and send them to Portland to be adopted. I do get attached to them, but I need to let them get out there and spread some love. :0) corny...................but true. Just ate some corn fritters! Now I know why I needed to go for a walk this morning........................later!

No comments:

Post a Comment