"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Friday, July 30, 2010

Whatcha gonna do today?



Well the worst is over! Got the house cleaned, cos I just love cleaning house. Now if you believe that.............hmmmm....I'm sure I've got something smart to say about that. Anyway the house is clean, so I don't have to worry about that for a couple of days. We all pick up after ourselves pretty good around here. Except for that darn dog!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sunshine--lollipops
Got two more hats finished and got them mailed off yesterday. Got some pictures to show. She seemed to prefer the bucket style. So I got cotton for this time of year. And made the green one first. Should have put the eyelets on that one. I always get things backwards, cos you really can't see them on the yellow hat. They came out pretty large, but since she sent me some pictures modeling the first hats. I have a better idea of her head shape, so I call these hats "Shrink to fit". I got some more cotton and I'm making the man one, I just won't make eyelets and I will just make a purl around and start the underside of the brim. Its a great pattern, I will put the link to it on the last picture of the green hat. Ken likes to wear and old straw hat that he has had since the Nevada days. It has hung in there, the hat I'm making might not work for him. But I figure its worth a try. I will make the brim just a little longer, and with it being cotton he can wet it down and just plop it on his head, should feel pretty refreshing in the heat!When we were still in Nevada, I got into the habit of spraying water up in the air over my head and having a private rain so to speak, felt wonderful in the desert. I still miss the desert, I love it here, but I still miss the desert. Really starting to look forward to going down to the pow-wow. The name of the pattern is Sunshine & lollipops. Its a well written pattern, and it starts from the crown down. Of course its circular and knit in the round! My favorite! No seams!

Very frustrated, have spent the last 2o minutes just trying to add a link to the pattern. Will leave the link on the first pic, cos I'm tired of screwing with it! I love puters, but it seems if you are trying to do something correctly sometimes, it just becomes impossible, I have looked it up and read and reread and found no solution. I think we have another case of burping and f-rting going on here ladies and gentleman, so I will leave this post as is, I don't feel like messin with it any mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore! Have fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment