"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Gonna Keep on Truckin’

Well its been a few. We got back from Nevada Monday, and did we have a great time. Of course I didn’t take any long pants, so when the weather changed to cold and windy, I looked like a real native with my blanket at the Pow-wow. People kept talking about the weather was supposed to turn cold and I just ignored it. But let me tell you, it turned windy & cold. The one great thing about it, the dancers were able to wear theirIMG021 leather outfits and be comfortable. I don’t know if you are familiar with the word Pow-Wow. The word powwow originates from the Algonkian word pau wau. It refers to a gathering that includes singing, dancing, and socializing. The powwow event is also a way to remember heritage, culture, and traditions amongst Aboriginal People. The powwow is practiced across North America.
This was our 18th annual powwow, I really can’t believe it’s been that many years. Seems like just the other day that we had our first. Our powwow is held in IMG024 Yerington, Nevada. Wovoka, was a local native leader and our powwow is held in his honor. I really look forward to going every year. And since I have moved to Idaho, I really can’t wait to go. It’s so nice to see family and friends. And of course the dancing and the drums, they are just good for the soul. Okay, enough about that. But I should say if you ever get a chance to go to a powwow, go, you will enjoy yourself. Promise  :)
Well I just have to say how happy a stranger has made me, but we are not strangers anymore. It’s really amazing how someone you don’t even know can take time out of their lives to reach out and tell you to buck up. Things happen for a reason, I have always believed that with all my being. So you can’t do anything about yesterday, you only have the present. And on that note, I want to show you my latest wabbit.Muffy
What? You don’t think she looks like a wabbit? LOL……….well, I think your right. Kind of bearish? I need to tip her head up so you can see her smile. Wait a second.20100902_9
I think you can see the smile now, just a little bit. I don’t want them to be scary looking. It’s bad enough for a child to be sick in a hospital, you don’t want someone coming in with a scary looking critter. I have named this critter ‘Sandy." Well I’m going to leave it at that. I am a big tennis fan, and with the US OPEN Tennis Tournament this week in New York,  I have a really great excuse to set in front of that TV and knit, knit, knit! Have a great day……you really do deserve it!  Thanks so very much Sandy!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww...you made me have chills girl! I did a "fast explain" to the DH...then read him what you wrote here..and he just grinned!! Thank you...and she's PINK! My favorite color!!!!! Sandy

    ReplyDelete