"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturday night poker party!

Howdy! Worked almost all afternoon, trying to redo the videos. It was getting pretty funny at one point. It’s harder than you think, I actually went through my whole routine and turned to turn the camera off to discover the battery had died and it was already off. Would probably be a little easier if I was a little more familiar with the camera. But pshaw………….why let that bother me? No fear, ignorance is truly bliss.DSCF2685

I have to tell you a little story, I am an only child, and I never had a problem finding ways to entertain myself. So when I got this camera, and I was trying to figure out how I was going to set everything up, it made me remember way back when how I used to pretend to be a cook on a television show, so I would set everything up on the kitchen table and talk to the wall, and pretend that was my audience. I don’t know how my Mother kept from laughing out loud, because if she did I never heard her. She usually was in the living room when I was doing my “Cooking Show.” I do remember that if I dropped anything she never came running in to see what happened. She just always said, “If you made a mess, please clean it up!” You know that’s one thing about being an only child that truly sucked, because I couldn’t blame it on anybody else!

DSCF2686 When my children were still at home and anything got broken, spilled, disappeared, etc. We had a ghost that did it. Kind of interesting how that ghost left when the kids did?

Anyway, I had a ball playing with my new toy, and I can see where making more videos to assist with some of my patterns. would be a really good idea. (Good excuse) I really did not realize how gabby I can get, and then I was trying to hurry up, and your tongue doesn’t work right, or your hand drops a stitch. Pretty funny all in all. If someone would have told me I would be doing what I did today, I would have told them to stay right there, the men in white jackets will be right here to pick you up!

Have fun………..you deserve it!

These are a couple of more pics I took Thursday. The one here on the bottom was a really interesting thing, It was built of concrete on three sides open on the highest back side. Built out in the middle of no where? Some sort of metal object that was still there was attached to the bottom and seemed to be able to reach across the road and would have been able to reach the water which is right there. You just can’t see it. It would be interesting if we can find out just what it was used for? Later………………

No comments:

Post a Comment