"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Weiser River Rail Trail

Greetings! Been a few, but I’ve always got a good excuse, want to hear it? Naw………..let’s not bother, you know sometimes life gets in the way.And since we don’t get to hang out here for very long, its a really good idea to take advantage of every minute and every second! Okay, lecture over….:)

Took a little jaunt down the ole “Weiser River Rail Trail” We decided to walk out two hours and turn around and walk back, four hour walk. We were cracking up, because we have been talking about doing this for the last couple of years, so I said we better do it now before were 70 and 80 and bemoaning the fact that were too old to go ………. Could have not asked for better weather, it actually looked like it was thinking about rain. But the clouds cleared and it was just gorgeous. DSCF2668 And because we were walking along an old rail trail, it was ROCKY! Not big rocky, but after awhile, I wishing for an old cow trail or something. Something smooth anyway.  Picky, picky! Just can’t tell you how much I enjoy being outside, and if you’ve got a great friend walking next to you, I mean how can it get any better than that?You gotta stop and smell those roses, they are so sweet! And we  came prepared by golly, I was packing my ever ready walking stick, pepper spray, camera, plastic bag(if it rained),cell phone, and 6 pieces of Werther’s hard candy.DSCF2671 And my bud had a couple bottles of water, cell phone, & toilet paper. Now that’s what you call prepared. LOL…………her cell phone rang just as we had reached our turning around spot, and thinking it was probably her daughter, she answered it and it turned out to be her boss,  so she got paid for walking! How kewl is that? All I will say, is she’s just as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside, as you can see for yourself.  I guess I should have taken some pictures of the rocks cause it sure doesn’t look very rocky there does it? Oh well, I’ve got old feet, what can I tell you? Someone has suggested that perhaps, boots would have been a good idea. Well gosh, that does make sense. :) p.s. great idea you know who……………….. On the way back we noticed they were cutting a cornfield, so we counted how many rows they cut at one time. I know you are just dying to know……………8 :)

Well on the ever present knitting front, I am still waiting for the camera to arrive, I have everything set up and ready to roll, and I will be a YouTube star? Oh my, that’s a real scary thought. But I’m really serious about promoting “Knitting in circles”, and I’m going to do everything I can to  teach this technique and get it out there. The mystery needs to be banished. I had to send off some sample projects today, so  when I got in the car to go to the post office, I  realized I had not left the place other than to walk since we got back from Nevada! Talk about a home body. And since someone else does all the shopping, he makes it possible. How spoiled is that? And did you tennis fans enjoy the US OPEN? I thought it was awesome. Kim Clisters, received a check for 2.7 million dollars.  Well, I’ll be back manana, and  I will share the rest of the pics , there’s even  one of me. And you know what? It looks just like me………………..have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment