"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Friday, September 17, 2010

What’s up?

aw3919

Just a quickie. Started an elephant last nite, ordered some yarn to make a sample. Got the house cleaned yesterday, so I can play today! Not sure what that will mean exactly, but I will think of something interesting. Already back from a lovely walk. Just a little nippy this morning, but there’s lots of blue sky and sunshine.

Thought about putting eyes on the elephant, but he’s going to be for a 2 month old strapping boy, so I think we will forget the eyes, but I think I will embroider them and see how that looks. Using some yarn, that I have had earmarkedfree_clip_art_yarn_crafts_woolbasket for this project.  I mean I hadn’t picked up a needle in a couple of days and was having withdrawal  symptoms. Still have my new pattern floating around in my head, almost finished. So I will have fun putting that to work. I guess some people make drawings, etc. But I like to do it all mentally. Anyway.

Still haven’t got the camera yet, so I am still planning on getting that project done. I am really looking forward to doing that. I think the videos should be really helpful, the old saying, “a pictures worth a thousand words?” Well I’m hoping the videos will make the entire process of picking up stitches very easy to understand and make abaskat2 it less daunting a project. The only thing that I remember thinking the first time I picked up stitches, was the fact that my dp (double pointed) needles were way too long. That’s why I really do recommend getting the 7inch needles in wood. The first video will be showing why wooden needles are so much better for certain things! So before I get too long winded, I’ll say ta ta for now. Have a super day…………dwoeful

No comments:

Post a Comment