"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Demetrius Dee Duckling

Well, I am proud to announce a new addition to my patterns. Demetrius is a sleep baby duckling knit entirely in the round. He’s been floating around in my head for a while now. I was so glad to get the time to set down and get him started and completed. Demetrius  

Out for a walk this morning, not so much limping going on. Foot is feeling much better, but I made a real effort not to do any stepping on rock and no twisting, the Achilles tendon when slightly injured can sure cause allot of pain. :( I found a picture of my self taken a few years ago. I am not a skinny person by any means. But this picture was taken while I was probably my heaviest. And I had given up walking. And if I remember correctly I had been up visiting my Mom and she was running circles around me. We were planting something in her the end garden, and I was panting and sweating like crazy. It was then that I decided I may never be a skinny person, but there was no reason for me to let myself get so totally out of shape. I stuck the picture on the front of the fridge. I just looked and it was taken in May 2000. So I started walking again 10 years ago! What the heck happens to the time? Amazing isn’t it? Anyway, walking is so good for you, and if you can do a few arm exercises with some free weights.  Doesn’t take that much time, but the rewards are awesome.

Okay, enough of that. Don’t want to be harping or nagging, I am not into that. So when I had Demetrius finished, I considered making him a scarf. I made the scarf, but it just didn’t do much for him. So I thought how about a hat? I mean all ducklings need a hat, right? And I know kids love to put their clothes on and off, so that’s when I thought might just be the thing.DSCF2773

Not sure if I have taken the best pictures to show how cute he is. I have made his cousin Donnie Dee Duckling. He’s pretty sweet. I just get such a kick out of these little critters, I’m always telling people they need to make a couple of toys, they are just so much fun to make. Well I will talk at ya later, here’s a picture of Demetrius and Donnie outside taking in some sun!DSCF2804                  Did you notice that Donnie has blue eyes? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment