"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Monday, October 18, 2010

Hi dee do!

Well, how goes it? Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. I guess if I wanted to get more done in a day, I would need to quit playing poker. poker But guess what? That’s not gonna happen. It’s the game you love to hate. You fellow poker players know what I’m talking about. It’s such a great game, and of course I’m into Texas hold-em. That’s where I play, you will meet some of the nicest people on Full Tilt Poker. You don’t have to play real money, play tokens, I guarantee you will have just as much fun. But if you get hooked on playing, I don’t want to hear about it. Believe me I know how much fun it is, so give it a try.

On the knitting front, I did finish the wabbit. She came out pretty cute.fall I used my wabbit pattern, I just didn’t use the furry yarn, but the yarn I used has a nice fuzzy texture to it. The colors look and remind me of Easter, not that time of year that’s for sure. But this is fall, and the leaves are turning. I ordered a new welcome banner, I went to Joann’s twice and all they had were the small garden ones. So I got this one and another Xmas one. I think he’s really cute. And of course any thing colorful is right up my alley. We have starting burning wood, so it’s getting to be that time of year. They just called and the machine we need to blow the insulation in to the back room will be available tomorrow. So that’s good that we will be able to get that done. Anything to save energy and keep warm at the same time, right?

Well lets see I wanted to show you a  picture of the wabbit also. I got a yarn scale, so I can be very exact about the amount of yarn it takes to complete a project.   It will be interesting to see if there are more people knitting in the winter. Of course some of us do needle work all year round. I’ve even been thinking about a sweater, or some socks? Actually this is the time of year you need to figure out what your going to make for everybody, get your yarn and get started. Because before you know it you will be staying up way too late trying to finish that last present. Now you can’t say I didn’t give you a reminder early enough. Right?  Hmmmm, must be the winter thing. Cozy up in your comfortable chair, watch TV and work away. Just sooooo much fun! So this is Wanda Wabbit II.wandaIILike I said, I didn’t use a furry yarn, I used a second yarn for the bottom of her feet.  You can’t see her tail with this shot, but I will post her on Ravelry, so you will see her profile.  I just loved working with this yarn. Very nice, its Sensations by Joann’s. Very soft, I’ve used it before and its really nice to work with, I think it would make a really pretty sweater for a child or adult, what do you think? I know you could make a toy, and a sweater to match! How cute would that be? Giving myself ideas…….. Well I hope you’ve had a really nice day. Love is the answer………………:)

No comments:

Post a Comment