"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Saturday, October 23, 2010

It’s raining in Idaho!

Good Saturday afternoon to you. How you doing? Yes, we got a nice drizzle of rain coming down. Out the door early to go down and wrap some boxes that will get filled with some goodies for children. Met some new people and had a nice time. Any thing you do for needy children is always time well spent.

I am working on another pattern, but while that’s going on I wanted to try this pattern out. It’s called the Looking Glass Sweater and it is written by Kathryn Ashley-Wright. Its an interesting pattern and I like being able to throw some color in to the works. I also liked the shorter sleeves for wearing inside and knitting, if I have on a long sleeved sweater, I find myself trying to pull the sleeves up and get them away from the yarn.  I haven’t taken any pictures yet. I’m making mine in a dark gray, and using a Caron variegated yarn that has some really pretty bright jewel colors, in fact it’s the same variegated yarn I used for one of my ducks. I have already changed a few things, like casting on and including the button bands. As you know I don’t like to sew anything on, and its not been that much trouble to keep track of everything. I only made two buttonholes, I think I will keep the sleeves the same, but I’m not so sure about the picot edges might change that. But so far I’m liking how its coming along. I have divided for the sleeves and am coming down the body. We will see.

Had a rather interesting experience. I shipped  my used laptop off to Nevada, and since it weighed over 14 pounds, I did send it snail mail. It didn’t cost as much as I thought it would. I didn’t get delivery confirmation or insurance, but I did keep the receipt. So several days later, I noticed a postal receipt laying on the kitchen table, I picked it up and noticed that it had been sent to a town I used to live in in California?ra2 So I’m kind of scratching my head thinking I wonder what this is, and who sent something to this town? It was then that I noticed the date and the amount and realized I had sent the laptop to the wrong zip code! Everything was correct, except I had put the wrong zip code. So I got on the phone and talked to our local post office and they told me that they strictly go by the zip code so that it will get there and just end up coming back to me. I shipped the package the 7th of this month, so I called the recipient and told them what I had done, and if by any chance they got the package to be sure and let me know.

So last Thursday I decided maybe I should call the post office in Ca. and see if they have any recollection or see if they had any info. The man I talked to said the woman who had that p.o. box did in fact receive a lot of packages. He took my name and phone number and said he was going to call that lady. Well I never heard anything back from him. raSo then I decided to call the police dept. down there and ask them if this lady had kept the laptop if there was anything I could do about it. And the officer informed me that if a package is delivered to the wrong address and they decide to keep it there is NOTHING they can do about it? I guess you learn something new everyday. I had many thoughts going through my head at this point. And I couldn’t help but keep thinking that I had started this entire fiasco. Can’t remember names, but I can remember a zip code from over 20 years ago???? So I did call the post office back in Ca. and this time I talked to a woman who told me that the name DOES have to match up with the box, so I became more hopeful at this point, but she did tell me that they could not change the zip, that it would in fact be sent back to me and that I would have to pay for shipping again. So I felt I had gone as far as I could, and decided that the Postal Gods would have to take over from here, because I had done all I could.

So about 7pm last nite, I checked my email and guess what?The Postal Gods  had taken pity on this nerd,  the package had been sent  to Nevada and delivered!  PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment