"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Friday, October 29, 2010

Skyler Scarecrow has landed!

Got the test knit done last night. And I think they really came out cute!

buddies

I don’t think they are scary looking at all! And guess what? His hat is attached, it doesn’t come off.  Sending the toys to the children's’ hospital has always been a concern. I don’t want the children to be frightened by the toys. I think when they are sick they are more sensitive. I remember being home sick in bed  with Pneumonia, I was about 9 or ten and my Mom just had to come in my room and vacuum? It was a hoover vacuum and was very noisy. I never forgot that, and all that noise really made me feel awful! Funny how you never forget things like that.sky2

Haven’t gotten much done so far today, other than getting all the business ends of this pattern taken care of. My husband mentioned that it’s too bad that I didn’t get my inspiration about a month sooner? Its true, but you can’t help when lightening will strike. Right?sideshot

Well I hope you are having one terrific Friday afternoon. I hope you have had a great week, and I hope you are enjoying yourself. Happiness is a state of mind, make it yours. Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment