"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Vets Day to you!

Lots of frost out there this morning. Out sweeping leaves off the board sidewalk, with the frost they sure like to stick. And frost and boards means slippery. Don’t have a whole lot planned for the day. Got laundry going, the man is at the dentist. Yuk! Hope all goes well. Nuff said on that subject.

On the knitting front, Image2I finished both sleeves last night and picked up for the collar and have the short rowing done. So I am on the homestretch. I did garter stitch on the bottom of the body and again did the I-cord bind off on the sleeves, being a little more careful when sewing the ends together. I guess I’m looking for invisibility there and I’m not going to get it. I have not finished tucking in the ends on the sleeves, so I have left the possibility open for change.

Today I want to tell you about a group called Beadforlife. I was listening to the radio on a station out of Las Vegas last week, and they had some guests on the show and they were talking about this organization. This is the first time I had heard of it, so when they gave the internet address, I checked it out. First of all its an awesome site. Image1So much information and very well laid out. And it amazed me how making these beautiful beads can totally change an entire families life. The bracelet is mine. I paid $5 for it, and it makes me feel good knowing that I might have helped some one so far away in Uganda. If you get a chance please stop by this web site and check it out. These beautiful beads are made from paper! On the web site they have videos showing the women making the beads, and so much more information. Well I hope you have a nice day, my arms are telling me about packing those walking weights. Going to wait until it warms up a little more and a walking with weights we will go. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment