"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What did you frog today? hmmm??

Well I did it, you know it never fails to amaze me how fast you can rip something back, compared to the time it took to crochet or knit it. I did in fact own a couple of knitting machines at one time. I taught myself how to use them, and they were a lot of fun. I will say that if you did happen to make a mistake, and sometimes the machine would make a mistake it could take up to an hour to get it corrected. So knitting machines can be very time consuming also. I don’t think people really appreciate the time and expertise it takes to make something on a knitting machine. I enjoyed using them, but I guess the truth of the matter is, I enjoy the feel of the yarn and working it with my hands. So anyway here’s a picture of the almost finished “Iced” sweater.DSCF2940

I did try it on one more time to make sure that it wasn’t going to work. I really love this pattern, and if its flattering for me it will look good on just about anyone. I also want to say that this yarn is very soft and I enjoy working with it.DSCF2941

So I have started again making it one size larger and have already gotten to the point of dividing for the sleeves, this is a fast knit, so with any luck I should be done in a couple of days. Just got back from walking, it was nice and crispy out there. They are cutting the corn. I love to watch the huge machinery at work. They sure have come a long way. Well you have a super day.

No comments:

Post a Comment