"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Brrrrrr…….baby it’s cold outside! Happy New Year………..!!!!!!!

Well how’s it? Was Santa good to ya? I sure hope so. Did you go to a party for New Years? In my younger days I certainly would not have missed an opportunity to kick up my heels that’s for sure. Didn’t feel too well the next day a few times, but it was definitely worth it. Life is a celebration, don’t miss it!

I finally got everything shipped off this last Monday. I had spent a couple of hours working on packing things up last Friday (New Years Eve), so I went cruising into the post office about 1:30 pm…………..and ta da! The post office closed at noon last Friday. My jaw must have hit the floor, I was more than a little shocked. But a few more days one way or the other won’t sink the Titanic, right? The front of our place is covered in snow of course, but the driveway out to the high-way is just one big sheet of ice. So you have to creep up to the highway……..you don’t want to slide into the road  with a car or a truck coming!

When I went to the post office again this past Monday, I had one huge box with the afghan and sweater in it. And three smaller packages. I was trying to figure out if I was going to try to carry them all in at the same time, when I noticed a gentleman pull in and park behind me. So I figured,(he looked close to my age, and the men back then were raised to open doors, light cigarettes, etc.) That’s where the word gentleman came from. So I thought perfect, this gent will surely offer to help carry my packages? Well was I wrong, I could have been pushy and shoved them at him, since he did not have a single item in his hands. But I refrained. He was no gent……

Anyway, as I was coming around to the front of the post-office which like most older post offices has about 7 or 8 steps to climb, so I was figuring out how I was going to balance the packages in one arm and hold on to the railing with the other. I looked at this lady coming out of the post office and for what ever reason she glanced up looking at nothing in particular, and in the process she totally missed the last step, which has yellow lines painted on it because it’s like a half step, really easy to miss. So she takes that last step, misses the short step completely, and down she rolled, face first! She actually fell pretty gracefully, women are not known for falling down gracefully! She even managed to keep her head up and not crack it. She appeared to be slightly older than me, so of course you know I dumped my packages on the sidewalk and ran over to her. I could not see any reaction of pain in her eyes, just shock mostly. And of course she wanted to get up immediately, but I made her wait a few moments and make sure she was okay. I helped her up, and I think she was just fine. Whew! All the ice and snow around and she has to take a tumble in front of the post office, which is kept absolutely pristine at all times. So I guess it wasn’t meant for the jerk to carry this damsels packages……………..lol…….Anyway…………nothing on the needles….I’m thinking about it.

side 

I did do a little up date on Billy Bliss Bunny Rabbit, a lot of people seem to get a little hung up on where to start picking up for the legs. So hopefully this little revision will solve the problem. Soooooooo I  got another birthday coming up and my dear Mums BD is the 7th.  So we will do something special for her, you don’t turn 88 everyday, and let me tell you she is a healthy 88. She’s still got ALL her teeth, wish I had taken after her side as far as that’s concerned. But I’m not toothless yet? ROFL……..I will attach a pic that was taken yesterday. It was a hot 12 degrees out there, and thank goodness there was no wind. But it was a brisk walk, as you might guess from the attire. Hope you all are happy and healthy. Have fun……………muffy

p.s. my husband made me that down jacket! Is that talent or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment