"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday 2/7/2011 What u up to?

Well it has been awhile since I blogged. I think about it, but it just doesn’t seem to happen. I’m not going to offer up any excuses, life gets in the way sometimes.

blogger

Well we did not make it through winter with out getting some sort of flu. We pretty much chalked it up to a wandering gypsy with an old pick up truck with some, I’m not sure where he got them……very beautiful rocks. My husband was outside the first time he came by, and unfortunately he didn’t tell him not to come back. But as it was early and my Mother wasn’t up yet, he told him to come back. He shook his hand, and he forgot to wash his hands. Does that tell you the story?

Its no wife’s tale about washing your hands, and keeping your hands away from your face. I always practiced this when I was working with the public. Of course you will get the person who sneezes right in your face. But I always used hand sanitizer, and sprayed a lot of Lysol. It really works. We did have a couple of customers who would come into the Smoke Shop and they smelled liked buffalo hunters! Whew………….I mean bad. That Lysol spray saved the day more than once.

So just a few days after the the gypsy came by, we all ended up with his present. It’s funny how you can tell the minute you lay eyes on someone, you’ve got their number.This guy was a conman a thief and I hate to say it, but I think he would be capable of almost anything. And what really topped it all off that particular day was my Mother decided to bring them into our home through the front door! Needless to say, we were not happy. And the man’s parting shot to my husband was that he would be back, but when my husband was not around? So please people be careful. There are people in this world who’s sole intent is to rip you off. This is a fact and if you think I’m crazy……….you’re the one with the problem. Face up to reality…………

On a much more pleasant note………I am making more animals for the children and I started off with some of my ducks. I also am thinking about putting some of my patterns in an e-book. Just need to figure out just how to do it.  So please take care, be healthy, and be smart. Later…………p.s. the snow is melting! :)

blogsnowmelt

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Charlotte, NC. I just finished watching your video on how to pick up stitches clockwise in the middle of the work to avoid seaming limbs on toys. It is fantastic. I will definitely keep it in mind. Your creations are so beautiful and your attention to detail is great. Love the look of your blog too. I am currently knitting a flamingo.

    ReplyDelete