"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Thursday, March 17, 2011

You need some water?

Well we had a little excitement here yesterday. My buddy and I went for a walk and discovered that the Weiser River had over ran her banks, and was having a ball and making a mess at the same time! Nothing fun about a flood. When I was still in Nevada and managing the Smoke Shop, we were flooded out. And I can tell you very quickly it was one of the worst experiences in my life. I won’t go into detail, but the mess! The chaos, its really unbelievable. One of the houses that was involved has been flooded before and is and has been up for sale for a while. Dare I say, I don’t think it will be selling any time soon.

purple

We did get a good birds eye view of the flood, but we got some really muddy boots in the process. Mine are still on the back porch waiting to be cleaned! There is a lot of clay in the soil here, so when the mud starts sticking you grow a couple of inches. And when you start slipping and sliding…………..!!!!! The local fire dept. was trying in vain to sandbag around another house, but a few hours later the water had risen and it was useless. They have at least 40 hunting dogs and a few horses, it was difficult to listen to the dogs barking because you could tell that they were frightened.  Everyone was evacuated safely.

I had no idea that this occurs approximately every 5 years or so. My Mother has never mentioned a single word about it? Luckily my bud,  who is a life long resident of these here parts.  I have learned so much from her. I am very lucky to have found her, as I really haven’t met hardly anyone in the four years that I’ve been up here. I have pretty much made up my mind that I need to do some sort of volunteer work, or at least drop by the senior citizens and introduce my self. I would like to do some sort of teaching. I would love to teach knitting or crochet. So we will see what happens.

yellow and purple

I made a major change on Miss Lula, I kept looking at her face and decided that she needed a little mouth.  I am working on a third one, and I have really been enjoying making them. I haven’t done that much knitting in the last few months and it just feels so good to hold those needles. I appreciate the fact that I am still able to knit. I don’t take anything for granted. Well you take care, we did have some sunshine this morning, so I ran out and knocked the frost off the outside bench and took a few shots. Have fun………….

No comments:

Post a Comment