"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Toof Fairy? Where is she???

Well how’s it going for you? Got some rain going here in lovely downtown Idaho. The tomatoes are planted and uncovered, and this rain is just what the doctor ordered. Summer is just around the corner. What have you got planned? Taking a trip? Got some home projects lined up?

I have been meaning to post a pic of the Easter gang, I didn’t get them all in the shot. But this is just part of the gang who took off to Portland to cheer up a few children’s Easter.

Easter gang

Corny as it sounds, I do miss them when they are gone. But at the same time I get so much pleasure at the thought of them bringing a smile to a sick child. Nothing is worse than a child who is ill, so any thing a person can do to help them is always appreciated.

I am working on a new design, I have hit a few snags, but I think we are back on the right track now. And I will be presenting you a new pattern very soon!

Well on another subject, I finally had the inevitable done. After well over 40 years of fighting gum disease, I had the last affected teeth removed. As has always been my case, it is never routine or simple. One of the eye teeth (canine) which happens to have the longest root of all human teeth insisted on being difficult and not only broke off once but twice! Oh joy………….because there was another lurking not far away. But in this case………the second eye tooth was difficult but did not put up nearly the fight of the other……………………whew. I am NOT going to advocate for keeping teeth when a person has gum disease, because the truth is, you are going to lose these teeth anyway. So many people tell you, you are better off with your own teeth. I will disagree with that statement also, how can a person be better off with a mouth full of infected gums and teeth? They have actually stated that gum disease and heart attack are common. So how in the world are you better off with these teeth in your mouth?

I had been wearing a partial on the top for many years. And in order to wear this partial it was necessary to have my four front teeth pulled. I don’t know about you, but that was always one of my  biggest  nightmares………..waking up and not having any front teeth! So having them pulled was one of the worst days of my life.  So here we are at least 8 years down the road, and the last of them are gone. And not to gross you out, of the seven teeth that were extracted, two were cracked, one had a large section that had fallen out, and unbeknownst to us the last tooth pulled had a large abscess!

So here we are four days later, and I’m not sure whether I am mourning the loss of these teeth or not. After the extractions, it was necessary to smooth down bone, cut away excess gum tissue and put in a few stitches. And by the way, healthy tissue responds well and quickly to pain medication. Whereas unhealthy tissue does not.

As you can see I have years and years of dental stories I could tell, but I am really ready to close that chapter of my life. I am hoping that when the gums heal, that I will find that I feel much better. I don’t know if you have read much about periodontal disease or not. But from the time I was 26 I started going to the dentist every 6 months. And for the last 25 years I have been going every 3 months. I have had two gum surgeries, so when you read this please don’t get the attitude that I did not take care of my teeth, because you would be sadly mistaken. That has been another problem when getting a new dentist, because I need to explain to him and the hygienist my long, boring extended dental history. And lucky for me I can count on one hand how many dentists I have gone to.

Shortly after moving here from Nevada, I went to a new hygienist who asked me if I flossed my teeth. I told her NO. I didn’t get a chance to explain that I use proxy brushes between my teeth because of the large spaces between them. She quickly informed me that there were “four” sides to a tooth. She hadn’t even looked in my mouth yet.  If I had not needed my teeth cleaned, I would have gotten up and left. I guess you know I never saw her again. So on that happy note………….you have a great week-end!

No comments:

Post a Comment