"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Thursday, July 28, 2011

On the wings of a Dove………..

I was out walking this morning, feeling very troubled and sad about an event that took place yesterday. Something that I have not been able to stop thinking about. So as sometimes happens when you’re outside in God’s space you get a small revelation. My answer was to write about this event, so here I am.

This happened in less than a minute or two at most. But I can’t seem to get it out of my mind. It deeply upset me and makes me wonder why I feel this way, maybe because of the events that have been occurring in my family of late. I think there is a direct connection there and maybe that’s why I have reacted this way.

20100815_6

I had come back from walking with a friend and I decided to walk to the front of our place. As I started walking between some trees all of a sudden I heard  a bird cry and come flying out of one of the trees, he wasn’t actually flying he was flapping his wings frantically and moving along the ground in the process. So I really don’t know if it was me that startled him or something else that happened at the same time, because I did not see him until he came flapping by me and was down on the ground. I just stood watching as he went by me and continued making a strange sound and still flapping. I came out of the trees into the sun light and took a few steps in his direction to see what he was doing. At that time I really didn’t and don’t know now, whether he was injured or not. He had stopped moving.

dove 1

As I was standing motionless he started  flapping his wings again, and this time  he started to lift off from the ground. He was flying towards the highway and away from me. Just as he was about 3 or 4 feet off the ground he flew directly into the path of an oncoming UPS truck. I heard the impact and saw his feathers fly, as he flew back in my direction and dropped to the ground a few feet from where I was still standing. I knew he was fatally wounded and I moved just a little closer, but I did not want to frighten him. He did turn his head and look at me. I stood still until I knew he was gone. I noticed another dove setting up on a sign watching and wondered if they were mates. I could tell he was a young bird when I moved him. I have always loved all animals, but I have always had a special feeling for  birds.

dove2

My grandmother told me one time, “that if it weren’t for birds, we wouldn’t be here.”  I don’t know if it’s because it was a dove, or because I feel responsible, but I just haven’t been able to stop thinking about it. Over reacting? Perhaps. I also have been very worried about a couple of members of my family and this just kind of hit me hard. I know I am soft hearted……………….but………….anyway. That’s the story.

Makes you think about our soldiers and the horrors of war and how they must try to live with the mental smells, sights, and sounds. We humans are very sensitive to these sorts of things, and how we try to deal with them, and still preserve ourselves in the process. Because we live in constant change, change that we must constantly  deal with. Everything that happens to you in life stays with you forever. So think twice about your actions, the most simple thing can turn into a nightmare. 

When troubles surround us, when evils come
The body grows weak The spirit grows numb When these things beset us, He doesn't forget us
He sends down His love On the wings of a dove

On the wings of a snow-white dove
He sends His pure sweet love
A sign from above On the wings of a dove

No comments:

Post a Comment