"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

So what’s new with you?

Another gorgeous day in downtown Idaho. Just about 87 degrees, no wind. A lazy afternoon, been doing some things on the puter. And thought it might be a good idea to let you know what I’ve been up to. done mutt

A friend of mine suggested I start a group on Ravelry. I kind of drug my feet a little bit, not liking to get too committed. Plus we have a trip the end of the month and I would not like having someone who needed  help and me not responding. So I guess I will just leave a note and let them know I will be gone. Of course if someone would like to be a moderator I sure would not mind.

I got a message today from a gal who is trying to figure out how to knit the top of some bumble bee wings. I posted her question to the group, and invited her to join. So we will see what happens.

Had a lovely walk this morning with my buddy. We just love to gab and walk, and walk and gab. Friends are such a precious commodity, and I sure appreciate her.  Love you Penny!

muttAnyway after I got back, I went through some clothes that I had stored under my bed. My closet is so tiny, and I just don’t have much room for extra clothes. I wondered when I got some of my summer clothes out, where some of my shorts and tops were. But I just kind of dismissed it, until my husband asked me about the clothes under the bed. And can you believe it? I had totally forgotten about them………….a real duh moment. So I found some of my favs, and gave away a lot more. I obviously don’t need all of them, if I didn’t even remember them…………….found some really little teeny jeans that I had dieted into several years ago.

Oh don’t get me started on diets, been there so done that. So don’t want to do it again. Hey, you know what? We all aren’t tiny. My Mother is just under 5 feet tall and does not weigh 95 pounds. I look like a moose next to her. But you don’t always take after your parents do you? I obviously took after my big Daddy. I would like to be the size 10 that my body refuses to stay at. But you got to play the cards you are dealt. Whew……….I was afraid a rant was getting started there. LOL

mutt2Anyway…………..the name of my new group is bjfromnv designs if you are a member of Ravelry come check us out. A no frills group where you can share or ask questions. I took some pictures of a new Mutt yesterday. So that’s what you have been looking at. I have been replacing my models, I went through my yarn yesterday and I found myself looking at all the different colors and my imagination was starting to create. I was looking for a certain variegated yarn, that I am using for Ollie O’Owl…………who I started night before last. I didn’t want to run out of yarn, as I love to knit in the middle of the nite. And I don’t think our local yarn store would be open at 2am………LOL…..I will quit ramblin for now…………..take care……..have fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment