"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

R U Ready for Winter? huh?

Wow, where the heck does the time go? Starting to seriously feel like fall around here. Noticed a few leaves already turning orange. Went into a local store the other day for some pink yarn, can you believe that? Me going in to a store for yarn? Anyway, I asked the lady who waited on me if she was “ready” for winter. She quickly replied, “Oh yes, I don’t like summer. I love winter, and I actually feel better in the winter!”

Made me think of the fact that wherever you are raised will make a big difference in how you feel about the different seasons. Being born and raised in Calif., I find the long cold winters just a bit depressing. Whereas my husband and Mother who were both born and raised in Minn. & Colorado, don’t think much about it one way or the other. Just a matter of conditioning I guess. I just always find that interesting…………are you yawning? Sorry! LOL p.s. the gal in the store is from South Dakota!

Shady Brutus

This is Brutus Bee Beastee Boy, he is one of my earlier patterns.

I have been working on updating some of my patterns and I was surprised to find a few typos. I always ask people to write me if they have any questions or problems. It just always amazes me how you can read or scan something and not even see the mistake. Whereas someone else will spot it immediately. I have some new ideas I am working on. One of them is pretty exciting, I hope I will be able to accomplish the desired look. I know I am being secretive, but I don’t want to spill the beans just yet. And any time you have a new idea, I think it’s best to get right on it or the idea will go to someone else.

How many times have you heard someone lament, “I had that exact same idea!” A lot of my ideas come to me in dreams, or when I first wake up. And when you get an idea floating in your head, the possibility of rolling over and going back to sleep, is NOT going to happen.

Shady LULU

This Lulu La Lamb, she is my very first pattern. I updated her also. I love so many colors, but pink is a nice one for sure. Well, as usual I am not getting much done today. I need to go pick up those needles and get to work. Do I have a rough life or what? Take care……have fun…………..

No comments:

Post a Comment