"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Friday, January 13, 2012

2012……..can u believe it?

Well we sure haven’t had much of a winter this year…………..not that I am complaining. We did have a sprinkle of snow a couple of days ago. My walking buddy and I had arranged a walk that morning, so I put on my heavy boots and set out. Did fine til we were coming back by a trucking company, and as usual had my mouth going 90 miles and hour and stepped out into a frozen tire rut and went down on my southern side! Actually it was quite a graceful slide, and I am happy to announce………….no harm done. Whew, am I lucky. Was carrying my walking stick in the right hand and slid out on my left foot………so it was my left hand and wrist that I put out. The last time I fell like that was in Nevada and it was also in a frozen tire rut. So watch those ruts!

I am almost done with the holiday knitting. I was late this year, and I have decided that I won’t be jumping into anymore big projects like that. Too much pressure, and I really don’t think it’s appreciated. Just my opinion, but when I can’t even get the recipients to take a picture and send to me? So I am going down the home stretch on this sweater, I used paton yarn, as I feel it’s a virtual work horse of a yarn. And she should be able to wear it for many years. I think I was never so aware of using a reliable yarn until, I used a wool yarn from a very well known company to make a few toys, and within a couple of weeks this yarn just came apart! I was go glad I had not shipped these toys off.  I had stored the toys in a large plastic crate so they had not even been handled! Using an expensive yarn is fine with me, as long as you can use your project as intended without the yarn coming apart.

my foxy

Well that handsome critter is “Foxy” I am so bad about dates, my husband and I were thinking he is 11, but when we were going through some papers the other day we found that he is in fact 13 years old! So I guess he has earned the right to be deaf! I had ordered an overcoat for him and what I got was too big. The thing about schnauzers is that they are built pretty square.So with a lot of help from the company he now has a jaunty outside jacket. And as you can see, he’s pretty darn happy with it! Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found you from Ravelry and your charming critters. I don't much knit toys anymore as my 'grands' are mostly all adults now. But I love brousing your patterns. So much fun! Sending you Hugs for your Winter survival kit! Paula in Iowa

    ReplyDelete