"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Thursday, January 16, 2014

On the trail again!

I can’t believe I’m gonna blog and it hasn’t been 6 months! Feels like we are on the down side of winter. Hope that’s not just wishful thinking? Need to write a note to one awesome friend “Sandy”. When I was walking the last couple of days, I was thinking about her and what a special person she is. One of those people who listens, understands, and tries to help. What more can a person ask for in a friend? Sandy, you will just never know how much you mean to me. How’s the weather in Texas? Getting warmer?

20140116_7

On the knitting front, I am officially back. And does it feel good. Haven’t been taking pictures of everything. But I did give a big hint for what I wanted for my BD. Since my critters are sent to a children’s hospital, it’s very important to keep them clean and dust free. I used to put them on a rocking chair in the living room and cover them with clear plastic. But since my daughter and her family has moved up, we need to use the rocking chair. Long story short, I had to store them in large plastic crates. Even my personal toys, so I figured out it would be so nice to have some sort of curio cabinet or glass bookcase. That way they are protected and I can still enjoy them. Guess what? I got a beautiful glass display case a couple of days ago! It’s got lots of room for adding new critters and when it gets full, off they will go to the children! ( I took this shot with the doors open.)

20140116_9

Bet you are trying to figure out which are my toys huh? Lol…I am so happy to have this beautiful cabinet to store my critters in. Have a few pattern ideas floating through my head, and a new pattern that needs to be finished. One more pic of my very latest critter…………..so great for babies!

20140116_3

Trying to use up some of my stash! Never fails to amaze me how much fun it is to be able to use absolutely any color you want! Don’t forget…………………..have fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment