"Knitting and crocheting has been my hobby since childhood. I started making stuffed toys for children hospitals several years ago. It has become a passion, I absolutely love making them. My “Critters” are a nice cuddly, hug-gable, lovable size for the children. And what’s truly amazing is how much pure pleasure a person can receive by creating them."
My patterns are written so that they are easy to follow, and include photos and instructions to help you. If you haven’t tried making a toy using the knitting in the round method, give it a try, your in for a very pleasant surprise! If you have a question contact me at bjfromnv@gmail.com

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Okay…….where was I?

 

Alright, are you impressed two blogs in two days? Unheard of………Life does get in the way sometimes, and I have to admit I can’t seem to see any kind of pattern as to when I tend to blog. But with summer coming on strong now, which is my favorite time of the year. I will be surprised if you see much blogging from me.

Memorial day is coming up this week-end. I sometimes wonder about some of our American holidays, some are kind of………….well what can I say?

remember

Anything for a 3 days week-end, but back in the day everyone worked, now it seems like everyone is on the dole………………….? Just my opinion, and that’s the way I see it. Instead of the ugly American, I’m sure we are now referred to as the lazy American. No Joke!

Enough of that………I want to show you my latest projects!

20140520_3

This is Veronica, named after the baby that these gifts were made for. Part of the reason I love making the toys, is the fact that they can be made absolutely any color your heart desires. I need to look up the pattern link for this blanket, it is knitted and you use double strand yarn, so it grows fast and it’s very soft!

It’s called Chevron Baby Blanket by Purl Soho…………..here is the link on Ravelry, it’s a free pattern.

For more information, see: http://www.purlbee.com/chevron-baby-blanket/

Well I’m gonna hang it up for now, hope you had a great day. Thursday is mow day for us, I usually mow for about 3 hours, but our place looks so pretty when I get done, it’s really worth it! Take care…………….be good.

20140520_2

No comments:

Post a Comment